To surf the wave, the important thing is the balance
How to be protagonists today towards a new normality
The new Business Agenda
1. SUPPORT AND FUTURE THROUGH THE STRENGTH OF A “BUSINESS CHALLENGE TEAM
The Business considered as a system has suffered a serious break in its harmony. How do we suggest to solve it? By stimulating the process through the creation of a Business Challlenge Team.
It is a multidisciplinary team, which manages two agendas simultaneously: SUSTAINING THE BUSINESS AND RETHINKING THE FUTURE.
It works on collaborative platforms and applying agile management dynamics. It solves challenges on constantly changing scenarios, in contexts of high uncertainty, where scientific thinking, business intuition and decision making capacity are combined in high speed.
2. THE CLIENT CHANGED, THE ESSENCE OF THE EXPERIENCES CHANGED
Part of the Business Challenge Team takes responsibility for leading the sustainability and transformation of customer relationships.
We must reconfigure customer-centric businesses by simultaneously managing three levers:
- Defend your markets and expand simultaneously.
- Get to know your customer and how they have been impacted by the situation.
- Reviewing your key customer journeys and adapting them both to the requirements of the application of social distancing and to changes in their assessment and preferences.
3. TERRITORY, REFUNCTIONALISATION OF MARKETING AND SERVICE NETWORKS
Territorial coverage approaches have been fully impacted by the health crisis, and as we said, the changes that have taken place in people’s habits will generate a completely different scenario based on three factors:
- Self-management as a key lever in relationship models.
- Hybrid marketing models, combining face to face and remote.
- Distribution design. Mixing and giving again.
4. BUSINESS EXPANSION THROUGH E-COMMERCE AND ECOSYSTEMS WITH CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS
The e-commerce business model gives us a very flexible and evolving vision, allowing us to redefine various business generation formats. We observe at least three approaches to this business modality:
- Those companies that have been born digital and constituted from this perspective (dotcom), which integrate the end to end.
- Retail Vision: for the Retail companies that are reconverted, integrating themselves to the e-commerce world, resigning the role of their stores.
- Mass Consumption Vision: for companies that bring their value proposal directly to the consumer.
Likewise, alliances are key in the models of territorial expansion.
5. DATA BUSINESS, AN ESSENTIAL DISCIPLINE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF OPPORTUNITIES
Given the uncertainty of the scenarios to be resolved, health, economic, social and commercial impacts, it is reasonable to suggest a checklist to be able to leverage the discipline. Our suggestion to activate this lever:
- Set up your DataBusiness Team: a well-balanced, mixed-capability team.
- Use existing models to read reality, but question the current business rules (commercial, risk, predictive and probabilistic). Challenge them, because they were expressed in contexts of greater predictability of results.
- DataBusiness & Proximity: bring unstructured information from the field. Even the best model is weak in situations of uncertainty.
6. MUSCLE TONE OF COMMERCIAL STRENGTH
This last area of work is one of the most important. It may not seem innovative or immediate, but it is a relevant asset to be preserved. We decided to call it the MUSCLE TONE of a very valuable force: the commercial teams. We propose three work agendas:
- To integrate them into the Business Challenge Team.
- Maintain the links.
- Expand skills and especially digital skills.
For more information about this service, contact us
If you are reading this article from a mobile device, you can contact us by clicking here